2010/10/08

Brugghes Campaign: Read First

I've game mastered for about thirty years now, and every once in a while I try to seek out new challenges to keep the game interesting. New ways of storytelling, new ways of constructing stories, new story arcs, new worlds, new ways of letting players interact, new ways of cooperating with other game masters. And telling about what I'm doing now is a way to share what I learned – and still am learning.

So, also inspired by James “Grognardia” Maliszewski 's reports about his campaign Dwimmermount, I'll give it a try my way. Currently I'm running four different campaign lines on my world Nirdday, which is a mirror world of the Yaddrin world which I and some fifty other game masters shared since twenty years. The Brugghes campaign is one of these lines.

In Brugghes, the heroes try to unravel a network of crime – both in money laundering, drugs and arms trade – and they find vampyres, bone relics and ancient secrets. Nice detail is that most of the heroes were hired by player characters in another campaign, who need financial information about the criminals.

Writing on this blog starts at session #6, mostly to be up to date as I start. The first five episodes may appear some other day. Hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment