2010/10/03

Pick #8: The Secret World



The Call of Cthulhu pen and paper game is great. And H.P. Lovecraft's writings might make for a great online role playing experience. Travel from Arkham to Dunwich, solve a few mysteries and nearly go insane. Great stuff to share in an online community. You might think.

When text only MUDs (the precursor of MMOs) were the norm, I tried to write for a Cthulhu MUD that was starting up. I had a lot written, but the game never really got off the ground. Until much later. Cthulhumud may be what its now. Or perhaps they went on to do Cthulhu Nation, a sort of graphic multi player game from the UK.

Or... would this be the next real thing? It looks like it might be. They seem to take in beta testers, if you dare. So why not have a go and tell me how you do? I'll wait for you to come back... sane, I hope.

This MMO might be to scary for me anyway...

1 comment:

  1. Looks like this is more inspired by World of Darkness (from White Wolf)than by the Cthulhu Mythos. There is some obiquitous ancient conspiracies thrown in that could have a Lovecraft Modern flavor, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. That the game advertises with on such in-game items like "fiery katanas" and "gold-plated pistols" is not bad perse, but looks definitely aimed toward a more action/ adolescent demographic.

    ReplyDelete